Monday, November 19, 2012

Overly ambitious

One of my biggest problems is that even though I know about any issues I have with things, I like to test them from time to time. Take my seafood allergy for instance. Every once in a while I decide that I need to make sure I still have a seafood allergy and I eat shrimp. Every time I get violently ill. You'd think I'd learn... nope.

Apparently this mix of curiosity/stubborness runs through the rest of my life too. This weekend I decided that I was going to be productive. On Saturday I actually shaved my legs, dried my hair with a hair dryer and put make-up on. No, I wasn't going anywhere fancy. I just felt like it.

Yesterday I upped the ante. I did housework. I vacuumed, stained the other side of the board for my kitchen shelf, hung a curtain rod, switched curtains out (our bedroom curtains are now in the office and look awesome!), did laundry, re-installed the toilet paper and towel bars and light switch covers in the bathroom... and probably a bunch of stuff I don't remember.

By the end of the day my left arm hurt so bad, I swear, it felt like every joint was being ripped apart. I took a hot shower, used a heat pad... didn't do anything. Even ambien wasn't enough to help me sleep through the night (I slept for maybe 4-5 hours, which is nowhere near enough for me) and I woke up this morning at 5:30 with my arm still searing from my shoulder to my finger tips.

In desperation I globbed muscle cream all over my arm and crawled back in bed feeling very annoyed with myself that now my freshly-washed sheets were going to smell like Icy Hot because I decided to do laundry in the first place.

On the bright side, it doesn't hurt nearly as much now - still sore, but less enough that I can type. I'm really hoping I can wash my hair later... that would be great.

A good thing - in all of this I started the organization process. I'm realizing that it will probably take a while before it starts to look the way I want it to, and it will require collecting jars, baskets and other little bits and bobs to make it happen, but for the most part, the room is coming together. Garry even said that he was surprised with how much he likes it.

While sorting through everything I found a lot of little projects that I'd like to do. I'm hoping I can complete one every week. Part of this process is to use up a lot of my crafting supplies because, honestly, I don't do a whole lot of crafting anymore. I'm also hoping to use some of my stock to make some fun stuff for around the house, gifts for people, you know - that sort of thing. I have two Rubbermaid bins worth of fabric that needs to be used, along with countless beads, buttons, and other fun stuff. I don't even want to get into the scrapbooking stuff I have... it's a little ridiculous...

No comments:

Post a Comment