Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Projects on hold

Well, I guess a few good things have come from my trip to the doctor. One, I was able to get blood work done and not faint - or even get light-headed. That is definitely the first time ever in my life that's happened. See, getting tattoos wasn't a bad idea afterall. It helped me get over my needle phobia!

While that was very exciting and wonderful, unfortunately - or really fortunately in this case - my doctor has done a lot of work with arthritis and joint conditions so he knows his stuff. That's a good thing. However, he decided that I have fibromyalgia based on all of my crazy (seemingly unrelated to non-medical folks like me) symptoms that have been bothering me for some time.

On the bright side, it means that I know what's going on, I didn't get "blown off" (or told to take Mucinex) and once my blood work gets back (they're testing me for RA since it runs in my family) they are referring me to a rheumatologist and I can start to manage this. My doctor did give me a prescription that will *hopefully* help, but it takes 3-4 weeks before you notice it's working. Awesome.

So that means 3-4 more weeks of putting my projects on hold. Harumph! I was really hoping to start on my dressers in the next week or two.

In the meantime, more daydreaming... and possibly trying to figure out how to put a large tub in our house as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment