Thursday, February 9, 2012

And now... we wait

(originally written June 30, 2011)



For those of you who are (like me) slightly less than patient this is the part of the process that’s going to suck (I notice that I’m saying that at just about every turn here), and that’s waiting.
I loathe waiting. Of course this isn’t the quickie car-buying experience we had earlier this spring where we (I kid you not) went to a dealership one evening and two hours later drove off the lot with a new (used) car.
le sigh
Garry and I went over the inspection report yesterday and we were happy that nothing was glaringly scary or awful. There were a few issues, but the grant program will take care of them so we’re not too worried about it.
When we were happy that we didn’t need anything more – we called our broker and scheduled the appraisal. We were told it would take about two weeks to process everything and we would know if the financing and everything would go through. Augh. Two weeks! That’s a long time! What do I do in the meantime?
Considering our wedding is in two months I probably should focus on getting some of that done. You know, like sending out the invitations, making centerpieces… (basically everything I put on the back-burner when we started this house-buying process that has now put me two months behind). Or, I could get all crazy-pants and start pricing furnaces, packing and picking out paint chips for the bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment