Thursday, February 9, 2012

If I could love a piece of furniture


I am going to take a second and get all mushy-gushy over our new couch. First off, the absolute gratitude I have for being able to purchase such a nice piece of furniture and secondly, to the delivery guys who had to climb over our railing on our tiniest front patio ever just to get everything in the door.
Now I can nap on the couch without worrying about being sat on!
I just love it. Seriously, so much love. It’s a BIG couch – plenty big enough for when we have people over and, let’s face it, I am a nap person. Having a good, comfy place to take a nap is important and now if I want to nap and Garry wants to lounge we can do so without issue. YAY!
Garry and I are also blanket people. We are those folks that love to be curled under a blanket while we watch tv so having some sort of storage in the living room was key. The ottoman has 4 sections that flip to reveal storage underneath and you can set it back into the ottoman and use it as a tray. Again – super awesome to have since we are using our end tables for nightstands. The ottoman is also on casters so it’s easy to move around without having to worry about scratching the floor.
As of right now the living room isn’t arranged *exactly* the way we’re going to keep it. Until we get the attic insulated and close to finished the computer will have to live in here - you can see the chair barely off the left-hand side of the photo. There really wasn’t much space to get in and out of the chair so we took the desk and moved it over to near where the buffet is and slid the couch over against that wall. I know, I hate shoving furniture against a wall, but since these pieces are so big, we can probably get away with it for the time being.
Ideally, I’d like to move the desk somewhere else and bring the bookshelves we put in the guest room in the living room. As we spend more time in there I’m sure we’ll figure it out eventually. For now, I think we’re going to hold off on much more until after the wedding and have time to “live” in there a while and get the furniture situated. (Although I can’t promise I won’t feel the need to paint another room! – I told you, it’s an obsession!)

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Where did you purchase this couch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I purchased it at Raymour and Flanigan. However - I will warn you - that if you have pets or a particularly messy family, microfiber might not be for you. I actually got rid of this couch earlier this year because it stained so easily and despite numerous attempts to keep it clean, there was just no way to keep it looking nice. We have a leather couch and recliner now that we LOVE and it's been great for our family.

    ReplyDelete