Monday, February 13, 2012

Week of cleaning

I'm hoping that the plumbing contractors are coming in today to install our dishwasher and get the old appliances and pipes out of our basement. That will conclude our adventure in having multiple contractors at our house at the same time. I can tell you, I never want to do it again. I really liked our contractors and they did an excellent job, however, having three sets of people coming in and out of my house every day made me kind of nervous on a lot of levels. 

So, I think from now on, if we ever hire a contractor for a job it will be a one at a time kind of deal.

Looking toward this week, I realized that it's going to be the Week of Cleaning. Our kitchen... oh, our sad, dirty kitchen... is in desperate need of cleaning - along with the rest of the house. Considering that we've had three sets of contractors in and out, plus company over and doing all of that tile, our house needs a good scrub-down. 

There are a lot of different kinds of cleaners out there. Now that we have the granite tile counter top (which isn't sealed yet so we have to be extrasupercareful) we need to use a different cleaner than we used before. I've said this before, but personally I'm a fan of Method cleaners, and luckily they make a granite surface cleaner. 

As much of a fan as I am of natural (homemade) cleaners, I find that some don't work for me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I'm not sure. I tried making homemade laundry soap and that ended in disaster and little white flecks of soap getting stuck to my clothes. Although, anything with baking soda and vinegar I highly recommend, especially when cleaning out window tracks that haven't been cleaned in a while (or ever, as it looked to be the case in my old apartment when we moved in).  

So, I use the Method cleaners. It's not crazy expensive, nor do I have to worry about it not working. I'm sure to burn through quite a bit of the stuff this week as we scrub the house top-to-bottom, catch up on laundry, and all of those other fun things. 

And yet, I look outside, the sun is shining and all I can think of is to go home and take a nap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment