Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pillow Talk

I'm running into a bit of a problem here folks...

I know the throw pillows on my couch need to be replaced. But, the question is - with what? I'm not really sure if I want to go bright, neutral, or somewhere in between...

When I was at the store yesterday I found a really cute rug and some pillows that coordinated nicely.

But the question is: do I want to go that way. It's a little paralyzing once I get to this stage of the game. Things like throw pillows and little bits are what really "make" a room in my opinion and I thought that i'd take a cue from what we already have in there:


It's very small, but on the lower shelf there is a little green owl-shaped lantern that a friend of mine gave me for my birthday last year. It's a fairly vibrant green and really stands out on the shelf (which is why I love it there). I also have my white ceramic flying pig, Ferdinand, the gold "&" a copper and jade wire tree sculpture and a tan paper apple (it might get painted... I'm not sure). I am also thinking of hanging a metal star in that area too. Not too sure yet, as we already have two metal stars in the bedroom.

So I'm not sure what I should do here folks. Should I keep everything neutral? Should I try to add some color with the pillows? I mean there are a lot of ways I could go with this. I could do neutral pillows but with interesting textures and patterns (and maybe do a few embroidered or screen printed - I definitely want to do one with the monogram I made for our wedding)

Here's one idea I cooked up on Kaboodle. It's very neutral - at least for me. The swatches of fabric on there are possibilities for throw pillows. I've been noticing that a lot of what I'm gravitating toward is more neutral. I'm not sure if it's because it's "safe" or what. Either way - that's where I'm being pulled.

I also want it to flow from the kitchen which is this:

Any thoughts, input would be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment