Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Your moment of Zen

I love taking pictures, especially in the springtime.


There's just something about this time of year that I love, trees are blooming, birds are chirping and at night you can hear the peepers when we go camping in the woods.


I've been mulling over plants to put in my garden in the backyard. My friend Raine over at Nemeton Project (see the link on my blogroll) has some white dogwood we're going to try and get a cutting from to plant in our yard. I'm not so sure it will work, but we'll give it a go and see what happens. At some point soon I need to rebuild the mermaid shrine and redistribute the iris bulbs and "map" out my garden so we're ready to do some planting either in the summer/fall or next spring. I just don't think we'll get to too much this year unfortunately.


But for now, I'm enjoying taking pictures of all the different trees in bloom. These photos are of a flowering pear tree (I believe). Most of them in our area are already going to leaf, but they were absolutely exquisite for a few weeks. This tree was outside one of the local elementary schools and I had to stop and take a few photos. Not really sure what I'm going to do with them, but they're gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment