Monday, October 22, 2012

Life is what happens...

...when you're making other plans.

Yeah, I'm channelling John Lennon.

But he's right, you know, he's right, life is what happens when you're making other plans. Or at least in my case, things happen, crop up, or however you want to put it when I have plans to do something productive.

Didn't get around to spray painting the cabinet over the weekend. Hate to say it, but I'm not surprised about it either. Saturday was pretty crazy with going into work, having a friend over for dinner, and then I was hoping to have a relaxing night to myself at the house (which I totally did) except for that Garry had gone off to a party and ended up not being able to come home until around 2 a.m. because of logistical issues at the party. Awesome. Did I mention that I don't sleep well, especially if Garry isn't home? Augh...

Yesterday was nice - had to go into work, then went to a friend's house for a pumpkin carving party. I don't have photos of them yet. Boo on me! I did get to take a nice, long, hot bath in her tub of awesome. It was a lovely thing.

But... we didn't get home until late and by that point there wasn't going to be anything productive happening at my house.

Stupidly enough I ended up not being able to sleep at all last night. I think I forgot to take my Ambien or something... I might've slept 2 hours. It's hard to tell, I'm not sure if I was having dreams of being awake or if I actually was. I ended up trying to sleep on the couch (after Auron decided that 1 a.m. was a good time to need to go potty and Garry was tossing in his sleep) and I that didn't go well either because try as I might, I just couldn't get comfortable.

So... I'm exhausted. I'd really like to get that filing cabinet spray painted today, but I think at this point I'd just like to make it through the day without falling face-first into my keyboard. That would be awesome...

On the bright side - I found some chairs like what I'm looking for on the Ikea website. The dumb thing is that (of course) they're all chairs that you have to buy in a store and the closest store is about 3 hours away... and, love them as I might, I'm not driving 6 hours round-trip to buy chairs (that kind of defeats the purpose of them being cheaper than others I've found).

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you had a nice weekend- minus the not sleeping part... :( Can't wait for pics of the punkins!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete