Friday, October 19, 2012

Step 1, subgroup A

I'm actually stupidly excited about spray painting my filing cabinet. I stopped by the store on my way home from work yesterday and picked up 2 cans of Rustoleum Hammered Metal in... oil rubbed bronze. I think it will look particularly awesome. Hubs is (hopefully) getting the hardware off for me today so I can paint it either tonight (depending on how late I end up needing to work or if it will ever stop raining) or tomorrow - and get it into our office by the end of the weekend (just in time for me to start working on painting my desk next week - mwa ha ha).

Surprisingly, Garry wasn't nearly as irritated as I thought he'd be. I think he's finally just used to the fact that I must "paint all the things." 

A happy surprise was to come home to my sunroom cleared out (for the most part, a few necessary things were left in there), and Garry and his friend Eric split the wood in the backyard and had build a fire in our firepit. It was lovely enjoying the evening wrapped in my very soft and fluffy cloak with a warm fire with friends. Even Auron got to join in the fun for a little while. 

Tonight - except for possibly spray painting - will be a night for mostly crawling under the electric blanket and staying warm, watching a movie, and lots of snuggles with the hubs and the critters. 

In other words... the perfect Friday night.


No comments:

Post a Comment