Monday, March 19, 2012

Living room... getting there!

I feel like I'm having a bit of deja-vu.

When we bought our house at the beginning of last August, We rushed to paint our living room because we had a couch being delivered that week. It was crazy, but luckily I had a great idea for a color scheme, fabric and all of that.
afd
That scheme is now moving into our bedroom the living room is taking on a new life, something more calming and neutral with some pops of bolder colors and mixed metallics.

We used Glidden's Barely Jade in our living room. It's a light grey with a slight green tint to it. It's a really interesting color and it looks gorgeous against the white trim. Our carousel photos look really awesome as well!

I would take some photos, but my feet really hurt. I guess that's what I get for running around barefoot on hardwood all day.

The odd thing, now that we have everything back on the walls and the computer desk moved to the basement, It feels like there is a huge "hole" on the far side of the room (near the accent wall).

At some point, we'll put in a really nice electric fireplace with some built-in bookshelves and a nice comfy chair (a really cool wingback would be awesome), or we may build a corner bookshelf... or something. I'm not sure yet. I do know, however, that we're going to take a short break from big DIY projects after we install the fence.

There may or may not be a bathroom painting project in the future (since we have an unexpcted gallon of left over paint in the kitchen color) as well as a few smaller craft projects, gardening and our puppy experiences (and probably about 8 billion puppy photos). Also, you should check out my friend Raine's blog: www.nemeton0.wordpress.com.

She is actually in the process of building a straw bale house. It's a rather exciting project and since she is starting from scratch essentially, she can customize it exactly to her needs and wants. The land she purchased is also gorgeous with TONS of room for gardens, fire circles and temples. Essentially, it has me squeeing with delight!

Food might be a good idea. My co-worker at my second job gave me a huge box of strawberry cheesecake flavored Smidgens. Real food might be a good idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment