Friday, March 30, 2012

If I had a couple hundred million dollars

Garry and I fell into the lottery game seeing as the prize is crazy high. We know that we won't win, but sometimes it's nice to think about what we would and could do with that kind of money.

One thing that was brought up was if we'd stay in our house. Personally, I'd be okay with building a house from scratch that is exactly what we want. It doesn't have to be huge or even terribly fancy, but it would include a lot of elements that, for one reason or another, we just can't do in our little house. Garry, on the other hand, wants to just fix up our house exactly the way we want it and just live there, pay off all of our debt and just live simply and happily.

It's a nice dream.

I'd love to not have to work anymore. Not that I don't love my job(s), but there are times when accomplishing more than getting out of bed to use the bathroom is more than I feel I can handle. We've all been there folks. Not to mention, I'd like to be able to practice my violin more often and explore more of my artistic capabilities.

Something else I mentioned, is that I'd love to buy an RV to travel around the country in and take photographs of all the interesting places I went. I've always wanted to do that - travel and take pictures. Maybe it's the journalist in me, but there are so many beautiful and interesting places out there to see. Wouldn't you want to explore them all too if you had the chance?

Last, we'd want to make sure those closest to us were taken care of. That doesn't necessarily mean putting them in the lap of luxury, but help them get to a place that's "good."

However, in all of this, we'd want it all to be anonymous. I know, crazy right? (And is that even possible?) We wouldn't want everyone and their brother knowing that we in fact were the ones that won. Mostly because this and that charity, acquaintance, distant relative would be knocking on our door every day for a handout. Frankly, I wouldn't want to deal with it (as awful as that sounds).

For the most part, it would be our lawyers that would know and that's it. Kind of like Great Expectations only without as much crazy manipulation stuff going on.

Anyway, here's hoping. We'll all know tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment