Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The new tile is in!

We finally got the last box of tile we needed to do our kitchen back splash, so tonight we'll start the project. I am fairly certain we won't finish it tonight, but if we can get it finished by Friday I'll be a happy camper.

Another project is ordering photos for the multitude of frames I purchased. And you know what? I think I will see if some of the other frames I have stashed away here and there would work for my wall mural.

My mom has a ton of family photos (some dating back to WWII) and I downloaded a few that I thought were relevant and that would look nice in a frame. Of course we're not going to fill up our wall with old photos (we're definitely saving room for photos of our kitties and when our puppy arrives!) but having a few would be really nice.

I also have an extra canvas (I bought a pack of 7, I only needed 6 for the project I want to do) that I plan on adding to the mix. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, but I'll think of something I'm sure. (That might be a Pinterest adventure!)

I'm starting to feel a little less "lazy" now that spring is approaching. There are a ton of little projects I want to get to and I'm hoping to start using up some of the stuff I have stored in our sun room. Ideally, I'd like to go through as much as possible and start either using it or get rid of it. I have friends that are planning on moving soon, and it would  be nice to be able to say "Hey I don't need this anymore, would you like it?" Or take it off to a charity.

In other words, I'd like to be able to use my sun room this spring - and I don't necessarily want to clutter the attic and/or basement either.

Speaking of the attic - another project for spring is to install the outlet boxes and finish the drywall. Probably won't happen until when Garry is on break, but that's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment